ALEX AND BELLA 4







 ALEX AND BELLA 4



Alex could not understand who was lying or playing pranks. Bella sounded so convincing, when she narrated how Zoe had board the next flight. She had so much empathy in her expression and gestures but with Charles’ gist comes another seemingly convincing tale by the moon light.
Charles: Oh Bella already told you that? In that case there is no need for me taking you to where I thought she might be.
Alex: Hnmmmm! I really do not know who to believe anyway.

Charles: And what is the meaning of that. You ran into a lady in one night and you forget your surname plus what brings you to this town and all I hear is, work stress made you sleep late. O boy tell me if you were not already wanking with the name Zoe.

Alex: Ahian! You no well at all. God punish you. Wan What? Mtsheee Abeg…
Now they both laughed over their bottles of beer as they slapped each other on the back.

Charles: Alex on a serious note, you looked confused the moment Zoe came in, the other night and I understand that kind of confusion. 

Alex: As the great mind reader right. Well! You might be right to an extent, as I never knew my looks reflected my thoughts that night. You would not believe I did my three weeks NYSC (National Youth Service Corp) orientation at the same camp with Zoe.

Charles: You don’t mean she was at Obubu what is that name again self? But you never told me something went down between you and any babe.

Alex: It is Obubura and nothing went down then, neither has anything gone down since then.
Charles: OMG! Alex

Alex: What? Well you know I do not play with hearts like you do.

Charles: Exactly my point. No wonder 10 years later you are still confused with the heart that you never played with.

Alex: It is only emmmm hnnmm 7 years and not 10 years Charles. (Then he gulps his drink and gulps more then ordered for another)

Charles: Guy before you get drunk, abeg give me the real gist. What happened during your one year of serving your nation?

Alex: Other than the few times I watched her walk around on camp ground; the day at the camp fire and the incident, where she stepped on a nail, I never saw her again. We all got posted to different local government areas. I was posted to an office around Mary Slessor road in Calabar and life there was different. I stayed at the NCCF (Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship) family house and like you know the NCCF family house had a zero tolerance for boy-friend and girl-friend relationship, once you are an executive member or a worker, especially if you did not declare your status as "engaged" prior to taking an office .

Charles: Alex, this your story is just like a Nollywood Movie; even Kanayo O Kanayo in those days won’t act like you did. You see fine gal wey you suppose nail but you no nail am until she step ontop nail. If I be you, I for even use the nail matter trip am unto my own nail but no, instead you waited until another sharp guy wey get worse intention com cart away. Oh! because you think you are a good Christian abi. Relax make I com tell you something, for wasting an opportunity like that, wey God give you, you fit miss heaven.

At these, they both busted into laughter and gulped their beer once more as the story became more interesting.
Charles: But wait Alex, you mean throughout your service year, you didn’t see her and didn’t look for her until last night?

Alex: No I didn’t look for her but I ran into her on one of my trips abroad. It was precisely while I was somewhere around Hamburg, Germany but it was a brief one, she was in a hall way and a kid ran into her and before I could say Hi, she had gone. But this time I tried to check the store, the next day but didn’t run into her again until last night.

Charles: My brother! My brother in the lord, if I talk now you go say I talk. Guy you don’t need to go to church or play religion to know when God is speaking to you. We wey be “bad boys” dey even hear God pas una wey dey play religion and that nah the reason why people dey wonder say bad boys dey too marry good babes. Well! We are risk takers which is almost equal to having faith. On the contrary you church folks want to see a sign, plus hear God loud and clear saying, “My son, my son that is your wife, propose to her”.

Alex: (Laughing) Guy your sarcasm is beyond me but I get your message.

Charles: I am not preaching Alex. I only analyzed your story based on your foolishness. Wait, don’t you watch all these Telemundo or Classical Indian movies; where you sight a lady at the mall and you engage her by distracting her for few minutes until you catch her attention. The actual distraction might not even be from you but you will just capitalize on it to hold a brief conversation with her. But no, if you are not doing research, you are working late or in church. Your case is really pathetic. I swear!

Alex: (Smiling) I must say your analysis is really interesting. A boy actually ran into Zoe and her handbag fell and …

Charles: And you couldn’t help her pick her items up. Although I understand some ladies can be funny with the content in their hand bag... omg!  they can put a whole house inside that small purse.

Alex: Exactly my point but house might be better. Her hand bag actually fell and a dildo fell from it and I watched her as she packed it along with her wallet and a few other things. The sight of that just held me back.

Charles: Ah you see your life! I almost thought God gave you just one opportunity, I never knew he gave you two. Two great privileges but you busted them.  Now let me tell you something you fail to understand, a lady with dildo or vibrato only tells you she is celibate and needs a good guy to convince her he would always be there for her. Meanwhile not all ladies with vibratos are indecent. Some do not just want to sleep around, simple.

Alex: Pastor Professor Charles well-done with your remarkable analysis but I do not quite agree.

Charles: Oh really! You do not agree with me right. So why are you trying so hard not to miss the third opportunity or has God finally spoken or your career now requires you to have a spouse.
Alex: Guy it is alright nah.

Charles: The funny thing is that, I never knew Zoe was coming over to the party. Last night was my first time of setting my eyes on her. Bella only mentioned to me that she would be coming with one of her friends. I told her the earth is the lords and we laughed over it. Interestingly, the babe looks really cool and attractive. I almost thought she was a party rocker like Bella but she strikes me like a different breed.  So I played along; when I told you I would take you to where she is lodged. I am not aware of where she is lodged, you know I don’t run such packages again like before, so believe me if I tell you, I know nothing about her.

Alex: Wow! This is yet another interesting part of this weekend. You know Bella but do not know Zoe. I know Zoe but not friends with her.
Charles: While you analyze the situation,I need to catch up with Bella and a few other friends.


Alex and Bella would be right back...

Thank you for your time on Olabusola's Review.
Story by Olabusola

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO TEACH A TODDLER HOW PARENTS EARN MONEY

5 Businesses You Can Do With AI

Why Do Friendship Go Sour : The Lily's Story