MOSUNMOLA



Once again I write with my pen stained with a flowing ink. I would ordinarily think the ink would stain my palette, rather my thought directs the ink in such a way that it's paints, aligns with the lines on this page.

No doubt it was a good evening, I was through with my appointments and I busy setting my table to write an article for a client when Mosunmola Jones, came in. Mosun is a lady with calm beauty and a cheerful eyes. I had known her for more than 5 years and our relationship had been of true friendship. Even though we rarely  see but we had a good understanding and respect for each other. Mosun is indeed a humble young lady from a Christian background. She knows what it meant to abound and to abase. She grew up with silver spoon but experienced lack during her University days; a situation where her Mum had to do petty trading to assist the family in sponsoring the children through school. She had great values that had sustained her from time to time.

On this day, Mosun sat on my couch, there was no tears on her well made-up face. She looked so astonishing yet she was in great pain. I knew Mosun too well so I could tell she was crying deep within. It was two days to her Birthday and I could tell that a sudden call from Mosunmola to have a chat was not for a casual conversation. Here is her tale : ...

Oluoba is 5ft. 8 inches, if my memories still serve me right. I will not place emphasis on his looks but he looks good and sure knows how to get your attention with his looks. I met him at an office where I went for a bid. He came for a similar bid, we only stared at each other then went our different ways. It was obvious he admired me because I caught him staring at me a few times before leaving.

Some months later I was back at this same office and standing among other gentlemen was this admirer. We locked eyes at first then later, he walked up to me and introduced himself to me as Oluoba. We later got talking about business and the challenges of doing business with some Federal Government Offices: especially the lackadaisical way some Civil servants often attend to clients. 

At that point there was a delay with the documentation check, so we both had to wait. Soon it was my turn and the young man verifying my document, informed me I may need to come back to check the day, the document would receive approval, I became angry because I knew there should be no delay on that particular documentation yet the officer in charge had said my client's document will not be ready until a certain date. I wondered why it had been submitted to them in the first place. Unfortunately the date was clashing with another appointment so, Oluoba motioned to me that I should be calm. He offered to help me with the verification on the said date.  As a result we exchanged our digits and we started talking after wards.

Fast forward to a year later, we had become good friends, I would get deals and we both would tidy it up. He soon made his romantic intention known. I did say the usual "No I can not date you" for another six months after which we started dating. Now our meeting point was either at an eatery or other public places. Both of us had busy schedules so we do take out time to see each other occasionally.  

On a certain day he decided to pay me a visit at my house and that was about a year into our relationship, his visit was very brief. Then on his second or third visit, we had ample time to talk about life, business and about our relationship. We had great fun playing and teasing each other. Unfortunately, when it was time to leave, he could not leave, as his car had refused to start. Mind you Oluoba, like most men treats his car like a baby and so he called his mechanic, just like a Mum would call the pediatrician.

They talked for a while after which he asked me to help him start the engine while he checked the battery. Soon the whole exercise seem futile and we were both worried about his car,as well as the need to leave especially because he hated public transport. 


The story continues...

Thank you for your time on Olabusola's Review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO TEACH A TODDLER HOW PARENTS EARN MONEY

Why Do Friendship Go Sour : The Lily's Story

5 Businesses You Can Do With AI